Re: 3rd Party Warranties

Christopher Keen <ckeen@domain.elided> writes:

>I got one of these for my VW Golf (I think the name of the company was
>Masterguard - it's the one that VW officially works with). I have not made
>claim yet, but now that it's summer I'm noticing that my A/C is not what it
>once was (it wasn't much in the first place) so if you're interested I can
>let you know once I've had the work done and seen how the procedure works.
>Apparently you need to advise them before having any repairs done, and the
>usual plan is available with a $25 deductible.

Missed the first post on this subject, but saw this one... I have a
bumper-to-bumper extended warranty (7 years /100,000 miles, no deductible)
from a company called "Warranty Gold" for my '96 Chevy 4x4 pickup, which I
bought used with 15,000 miles on it (factory warrenty: 3/36).  Since the
factory warranty expired (odo now reads 55,000 miles) I've had only one
claim, for $260.  It was paid promptly with no hassles apart from the repair
folks trying to sneak in a $35 charge for an unrelated part that they broke
while removing the intake manifold.  I figure odds are good that a couple of
other things will go wrong before 100K and I'll at least break even (the
ext. warranty cost about $1000).  That is, after all, what extended
warranties are: legalized gambling... ;-)

Some of these warranties include roadside assistance, towing coverage, and
locksmith services.

Check out http://www.warrantygold.com

 -joe