Ascher's dilemma with the Spider.

Ascher, and Digesti

	I sell an odd Alfa here and there, mostly to rescue them from ham
handed
folks who don't know how to treat them and obviously to spin a buck here
and there.

	To peddle a car ethically, I try to paint a fair picture. (to the point
a digester told me I scare people :o) ) BUT, as a buyer, in a private
sale, it is Caveat Emptor. not all people are looking out for the buyer,
they want to unload a car, which in many cases, they resent for one
reason or another. ie: expense or wrong choice. Body work? you should
take a expert person along to inspect the car if you aren't sure.  I
don't do body repair on cars because a ding is easier to explain than
fresh paint...

	I am always suspicious on a newer car if it has had repair work. Your
guy may have thought he was doing right by you, it's all about
standards. Never expect stuff after the sale, if it's not in the car,
figure it as lost. After the deal is done, it's done. Period. Sorry if I
sound cold, I'm not, but buying an Alfa is an emotional decision. Your
guy just is either a fibber or has lower standards than you.

The next one will be better.

AlfaBill
Alfas passed the portals:
6 Milanos,(Hi Chip!)  3 Spiders,(Hi Dave and Bob) 1 GTV-6 (Hi Eric!)