101 springs

Re: L. Rosenberger's qustion on 101 Spider springs (stock versus
aftermarket).  I bought a set of Centerline springs for my '63 Spider
after driving a Giulietta Spider so equipped. IMHO, the Centerline
springs don't result in an overly stiff ride, nor do they lower the
chassis to the point of tire/fenderwell interference. However, I'd
always felt that my Spider was slightly undersprung with the stock
suspension--so the somewhat higher spring rates (w/Centerline's) are
acceptable--and desirable to me.  I also think these old beauties look
better when they're snugged up a little closer to the ground.

Ciao, Jim Caldwell
'63 Giulia Spider (Ab)Normale (undergoing restoration)