Re: Giulietta Springs

Following from Lewis Rosenberger in V7 #851,

Broken rear springs are not unusual, I've broken a few Spiders over the
years & I reckon that at least half the rear springs were broken,
usually at the lower end. So I would stay clear of used springs unless
just as a temporary measure to make the shell mobile. NOS originals may
be available out there somewhere......

Alfa Stop has developed suspension springs for street & light
track/rally use & suitable for all the 750 & 101 series Sprint, Spider &
SS models fitted with 115mm dia springs. The front springs are uprated
by 28% with a near normal ride height, the rear springs are stock in
rating & height. Springs are shot peened & powder coated in a Ford Motor
Co. approved finish.

Customer feedback has been very positive, especially when used with new
shocks & our uprated rubber rear suspension bushes, to quote one
customer "I drove one car when I took it to have them fitted, & another
one back home". Several customers have repeat ordered for their friends.

Price is GBP39.00 (about USD62.00) each, plus VAT for EU customers, plus
shipping, available ex-stock.

Further details on www.alfastop.co.uk. I openly declare a financial
interest, I run Alfa Stop!

Hope that this of help

Tony Stevens
Alfa Stop
Belper UK

'55 & '57 Giulietta Sprint
'60 Giulietta Spider
'58 Romeo (x2) & '60 Romeo

In message , Lewis Rosenberger <lewrose@domain.elided> writes
>Hi folks,
>Well I just got started on the resto of my 62 spider and already I'm
>confused - not a good sign.  While cleaning some of the mud and crud off the
>underside, I dropped the rear axle for better access. One of the rear
>springs came out in 2 pieces. I'd like to have a spring to make it easier to
>roll the car to the body shop, so now's as good a time as any to get a pair.
>Centerline claims their springs are "a little stiffer and lower the car
>about one inch". I'm going for *original* and hadn't planned to beef up the
>stock suspension, but the fellow at Centerline seemed sincere in his belief
>that their springs were the only way to go. As I become more trusting of our
>suppliers, I'm sure I won't be bothering you all with these trivial
>problems, but are the Centerline springs a good idea, or should I look for
>used or NOS originals?
>Thanks for your help, as always.
>Lew Rosenberger

- --
Tony Stevens    http://www.alfastop.co.uk
ALFA STOP, POBox 50, Belper DE56 1AS, UK
Tel: +44 (0)177 382 2000
Fax: +44 (0)177 382 1900