Giulietta Springs

Hi folks,
Well I just got started on the resto of my 62 spider and already I'm
confused - not a good sign.  While cleaning some of the mud and crud off the
underside, I dropped the rear axle for better access. One of the rear
springs came out in 2 pieces. I'd like to have a spring to make it easier to
roll the car to the body shop, so now's as good a time as any to get a pair.
Centerline claims their springs are "a little stiffer and lower the car
about one inch". I'm going for *original* and hadn't planned to beef up the
stock suspension, but the fellow at Centerline seemed sincere in his belief
that their springs were the only way to go. As I become more trusting of our
suppliers, I'm sure I won't be bothering you all with these trivial
problems, but are the Centerline springs a good idea, or should I look for
used or NOS originals?
Thanks for your help, as always.
Lew Rosenberger