105 air cleaners

Message text written by INTERNET:alfa@domain.elided
>If my parts books are correct (which they are usually, but not always) t=
he

switch from the type without nosepiece to with nosepiece occurred in mid-=
 =

1971 for the GT Veloce. For the 2000 Berlina the book says that the
nosepiece =

was used on LHD cars but not on RHD cars, a difference I can't understand=
.
<
The 'nosepiece' as far as I am aware was not used on any 4-headlamp Berto=
ne
GTs as the right hand inner headlamp would prevent any ram effect. So the=
used the shorter air cleaner and on RHD cars (including the Berlina) they=

mounted the cooling system expansion tank in front of it.  Because of the=

extra space occupied by the twin servos (boosters) of the RHD dual circui=
brake system, there is not enough room for the expansion tank on the left=

hand side, but having said that my 69 (single circuit) GTV has the
expansion tank in front of the air cleaner on the right.
I think this is a carry-over from the early left hand air cleaner which
would not allow the fitting of the expansion tank on the left hand side.

Chris Sweetapple
Highwood Motor Company
Swansea, U.K.
69 GTV