unbalanced drive shaft

Can someone please describe what an unbalanced driveshaft feels like when
driving?  I have this vibration I feel in my lower back while driving my 90
Spider.  I can feel it during acceleration and at certain constant speeds.  I
can temporary eliminate the vibration by slightly adjusting the throttle pedal
while I am driving.  I don't think this is caused by motor mounts or u-joints.
 All have been replaced in the last 2 years, so I am thinking that the
driveshaft is unbalanced.  My mechanic says that the Spider driveshafts
usually don't go bad or need balancing?  Any thoughts?

Rob Murphy
90 Spider
Coral Springs, FL