164 Questions (Dieseling)

Hi All
The pinking that you report happens with my 164 as well. It started quite recently after I fitted a cheaper
aftermarket exhaust system. (I  went for a mid priced aftermarket system rather than the Stebro or Alfa part due to
finances). To cure it and also increase performance Ive started using the superplus unleaded in a 1/3- 2/3 ratio with
the regular unleaded. This seems to do the trick but if it is the exhaust will cost me more than the difference to the
stebro would have in the long run. Another case of false economy I suspect!!!
Mike Salter
164 3.0l