V6 Valve Timing

I started tonight on replacing the water pump and timing belt on my 2.5
Milano.  While I was at it I figured I would check the valve
clearances.  When I set the engine pulley to the "P" mark I noticed that
both the camshaft to journal cap markings were ~1/8 inch off.  I pulled
the front hubs off the camshafts to adjust them but am now puzzled on
how this adjustment proceeds.  I appears that, because of the pin, the
hubs only fit on the sleeves one way.  Because of this and that the
sleeves have the two bolts into the sprocket, I wonder how I can adjust
the cam independent of the sprocket.

What am I missing here?  Any advise to the amateur would be appreciated.

Thanks
Scott Swanberg, St. Paul, MN
'87 Milano Platinum