RE: alfa-digest V7 #845

	Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:56:20 -0700
	From: "Van Curen, Bettina J" <bvancuren@domain.elided>
	Subject: Spider A/C

	I recently had the AC charged on my '82 Spider.  (Stop Laughing).
It works
	well but it cycles on and off every minute or so.  It cools about
one
	minute, compressor goes off for about 2 minutes, then comes back for
	minute or so. This even occurs at speed. The system is fully charged
and not
	leaking.  The car is not overheating and runs well with the
compressor on.
	Any ideas?

	It's possible that you have two much Freon in the system and have
high head pressure which will cause the a/c compressor clutch to disengage,
then when the pressure drops re-engage. Our you may have a restriction in
the system, possible the dryer, which allows the pressure to build up and
again disengage the a/c compressor clutch.

	Put a pressure gage on it and you should be able to tell.

	Ralph Fetsch
	Houston, Texas
	91 Spider Veloce w/auto 160,000+ miles and the original head
	64 Giulia 1600 spider soon to have disc brakes.