sagging milano/75 headliner and looking for a shift kit

Looks like our Milano is slowing turning into a two seater as the headliner
is sagging JUST A BIT. I saw a bunch of posts months ago, but I thought hey,
that will never happen to our car. Silly me. I don't want to put in a new
headliner, nor put in the tacks as another digester suggested.

I was thinking of getting some spray on adhesive, taking off the edge trim
around the rear doors, taking the rear reading lights out, etc., mask it,
then spray away. I was thinking of using a paint roller to smooth out the
headliner against the backing. How does this sound? Any words of wisdom out
there?

Also, our shift linkage is a little sloppy. But not like the Sports Sedan we
had (hello Brian Shorey?). I've looked at Centerline, Alfa Heaven and AR
Ricambi but did not notice these beasts for our Milano. Any tips?

Thanks,
Peter Lundquist
SF Bay Area
'69 GTV
'87 Platinum (with the spiffy AR Ricambi Sport suspension package, handling
like a red sled! As Sammy Hagar said, "Red, Red, I want Red!")