A/C hot rodding, window tinting

Summertime in Houston is not very pleasant. Already the temperatures are
up in the 90's, which, after factoring in the horrid humidity, feels
like the 100's (and the temperature is getting worse daily). This makes
my Alfa-driving life very difficult-- I love my car, but that little
Italian air conditioner just doesn't cut it in this kind of climate.
Since I can not move right now I will have to search out other options.
One of the things I am interested in is hot rodding my 1983 Spider's air
conditioner. I have driven in many other 4-cyl cars whose air
conditioners worked 4,000 times better than mine, so I think it can be
done. My question is: how, and how much? What kind of work would be
involved? Any ideas or discussion on this subject would be appreciated.

Also, I am interested in tinting my Spider's windows. Having never owned
a car with tinted windows, I would be interested in knowing if this
actually does help keep the car cooler. It seems like it should... Also,
if you have seen a Spider with tinted windows (or, better yet, have a
picture of it you could send me), please tell me what you thought about
it. My main concern is that, with the glass windows tinted, the plastic
window on the soft top will look sort of weird, out of place, and/or
cheesy. Tell me what you think.

Thanks,

Gregory Scott

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://webm=