Re: alfa-digest V7 #839

Kevin,

Thanks for you comments.

I think I prefer the 2000 dash to the 1750, but thats probably because the
2000 is in much better condition. It must be said that the main reason I
bought the 1750 was for the dash :)

The 1750 was an absolute bargain - only $500, with a rebuilt engine. The
body isn't really bad, but the front right floor edge needs replacing, as
does the front portion of that sill.

Today I decided that I should probably inspect the car armed with a
magnet... Results were mixed... Perhaps I need to use a stronger magnet, not
one of those flexible advertising ones. The car seemed OK, but the magnet
wouldn't stick to the back wheel arches, about 6 inches up from the centre.
Also, unusually, it didn't want to stick to  the rear portion of the right
sill (we drive on the right here, so unusual). Should I try with a stronger
magnet, or am I hoping too much?