Re: 1750 vs. 2000 Berlina

I've have restored both a 1750 and a 2000 Berlina, and currently have a
good 1750 chassis that needs a dash, console and a driveline.  I'm planing
to merge my terminally rusty beater 2000 Berlina with the 1750 chassis to
create another daily driver.    Anyway, good as the 1750 dash looks
compared to the 2000 models, they have a definite shortcoming that is only
apparant after sundown in rural areas - the tach and speedo have such
dim/weak instrument lights they are nearly impossible to read at night.
Finally, a rust free chassis is worth 1,300 if you consider the expense of
repairing a cheaper, but more rusty alternative.  But - I bet its not
really rust free (ask me how I know)....

Kevin Trent
Knoxville, Tennesse
5 Berlinas

<snip>