Re: We're Baaaack

The two wild and crazy guys from the Northwest who drove to the KC
convention in the 164S to claim the "greatest distance" and "youngest
owner" awards slid into the home of the latte and microbrew tonight.  Our
trip could have ended yesterday, but some of those Oregon folks (site of
the Y2K convention) let word slip in KC (or was that a challenge) that
AROO was having a track day at Portland International Raceway today, so
we overnighted Friday in Portland and went roundy-round for a few hours
before making the final miles northward.

Total trip, 5440 miles. Average MPG (including >100 track miles)
24.68mpg.  I won't even tell you what our average driving speed was, but
it probably exceeded the maximum speed limit in each of the 15 states we
travelled through.  #8^)

We (well actually the car) consumed about 10 qts. of oil, and other than
than some Mequiar's Quick Detail and soap, no other attention was
necessary

For those who haven't tried it - Drive it.  Come to Portland next year.
And ask Zach Cox about the Mountain Dew gasoline additive.

Gordy Hyde
NWARC
1987 Spider "Veloce"
Now catching up on 38 digests