Transaxle clutch

OK, I've been busy trying to help people and now I
need a quick one.
My GTV6 clutch suddenly is making nasty noises.  If
you depress the pedal all the way to the floor it
sounds like a lathe with a dull tool bit.  The clutch
engagement point hasn't moved and it's driveable but
you can't go to within a couple inches of the floor.
The master and slave are new but the hose isn't. If
the hose was collapsed internally, wouldn't it get
worse after several pumps?  It will do it first time
even after sitting for three days, or it may stop as
suddenly as it starts and not do it for a week.
Before I tear into anything... I was wondering if this
strikes a familiar chord with anyone.   Thanks!

Dave Miller
Deltona, Florida
"It is noble to be good, but to teach someone else to
be good is nobler... and far less trouble"  -M.Twain