Spider with bad distributor and oil pump

I'm still tearing down my spider which stopped on the freeway after the
distributor cap developed several large holes.

As people suggested, I checked the distributor drive and found that it does
NOT turn.  So I am going to take out the oil pump.

Will both oil pans come off with the engine in the car?  The only removal of
the oil pan I can find on the CD involves an engine out of a car.  I
considered trying to get the oil pump out with only the lower pan removed
but the channels block the nuts.

I sound pretty hesitant here because this car is new to me.  And I once had
to pull the engine from a '59 Mercedes sedan to retrieve the broken parts of
a failed timing chain.  That oil pan would NOT come out with the engine in
place.

  I currently have the AC compressor half off but didn't work on it last
night because we went to Portland for two Women's World Cup soccer games.
Great fun (the soccer, not the failed oil pump).

John D