RE:Crank pulley Nut Size on 2.5l V6?

Hi all,

Jason ball wanted to know the crank-pulley-nut size and what impact
wrench'll get it removed.

It's a 41mm. If you can, try to borrow the socket, for these thingies
are quite expensive. You may also need a converter from 1/2" to 1/4"
(or 3/8"?). Impact wrench "size" doesn't really matter, although the
"bigger" ones will get the job done faster.

A note on removing:
- - Pry out the "safety tab"
- - Work in short "bursts", don't keep on hammering with the wrench,
  you're likely to kill it.

A note on installing:
- - ALWAYS use a new nut
- - Fasten it with the wrench, again in short bursts until you see no
  appearent movement anymore. (I mean, 250Nm is a lot of torque!)
- - Use locktite (the red, stronger, one is my favourite)
- - Don't forget to "redo" the "safety tab"

And -maybe unnecessary- to remove, turn anticlockwise. :)

Oh, and yes the digests are now issue #828 (?)

Good luck!

    Chris Piepers
    The Netherlands