2001 AROC Convention

I'm pleased to announce that the 2001 AROC Convention will be held in
Nashville, Tennessee. My chapter, ALFA, Inc. of Tennessee, will be the host.

The competition for this event was amazing. For the first time ever, there
were three bids - from Chicago, Cincinnati, and Nashville - and all three
were very strong. Our bid placed all of our convention activities within
about five miles of the headquarters hotel. The competing bids had time
trials as much as 2-3 hours distant. With the Kansas City time trials so far
away (through no fault of the KC Chapter), I think the convenience we offered
in Nashville was compelling. Plus, hey, it's a very nice place to visit, and
there's lots to do here.

My hat is off to Chicago and Cincinnati for the strength of their proposals,
and I'm grateful to the AROC Board for choosing us.

Hope to see as many of you as possible in Nashville in 2001!

Bob McKeown
President, ALFA, Inc. of Tennessee

By the way, both Cincinnati's bid and ours were titled "2001-An Alfa
Odyssey." Chicago called theirs "2001-A Race Odyssey." We were all reading
from the same page on that one.