Milano trunk springs

In a message dated 6/22/99 5:37:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< the weak trunk (boot) springs.
 I've adjusted them (by switching holes) so that there is maximum spring force
 on the trunk lid, but on anything other than a flat surface, the lid closes
on
 me.  :-(  Anybody else have this problem, and find a fix?  >>

Our Milano came from the PO with an extra weight on the trunk lid: the Zender
spoiler he'd added, which is still there.  He was kind enough to include in
the deal a short length of mop handle he'd custom-crafted to hold up the lid.
 On ours, too, if we're stopped on anything less than level ground, or if
there is a breeze, the lid comes down on the back of the skull.  BTW, this
isn't the only car we've had, or the only make, with this quirk: once I was
rendered nearly unconscious by a Honda Accord.

Charlie
AROSC
LA, CA, USA
75 Gold