Cheapest alfa to maintain

Well, I've spent ~$4000 since last summer on my 164L. But that includes
converting my tranny from an automatic to a standard. New tires, trailer
arms, radiator, thermostat, MC, Brake caliper, Brake pads, rebuilt starter,
rebuilt a/c compressor, water pump, timing belt and a rent-a-car for a month
while getting my tranny in. This includes the headache of cleaning up after
sloppy mechanics. It used to be that I would have to replace something new
every month for the past year or so, but it's starting to slow down. I'm
about due for new springs and struts. I'll have to agree with Michael Smith,
generally around $1200 USD (correct exchange rate Michael?) a year for
maintenance costs of a 164. It also seems that 164 parts are more expensive
than the other Alfas. How about the Milano, GTV6, Berlina owners? I'd like
to one day own another Alfa but with less of a maintenance cost.

ahhh sometimes 1 Alfa isn't enough!

Danny
1991 164L
120k