re: Shops and options in Detroit

> I've just purchase a 67 spider and wish to have the engine rebuilt
> I'm in the Detroit, Michigan area and I'm looking for a shop and some
> opinions on
> there work.
> I have found Trail Auto in dearborn Height but know nothing about them
> any experence out there.
> any other suggestions as to where to have my rebuild done?
> I'm willing to drive a couple of hundred miles to find a shop so canada and
> chicago are ok.
> I've rebuild a number of Motorcycle motors are the alfas all that diffucult?
> any advice on a rebuild is welcome.  Thanks
> Joe Davis

I can also highly recommend Dean Russel (@ Trail Auto).  He's done great work
on both my 71 Spider, and Milano Verde.  Dean is almost always busy, and
prefers to schedule big jobs like engine rebuilds during winter months if
possible, but might have time for it.  Dean is also a great guy, and I always
enjoy talking to him whenever I bring in one of my cars.  I would go visit him
and tell him what you want to do.  There are other Alfa mechanics in the
state, but I can only recommend Dean.

Good luck!

Ian Lomax
Ann Arbor, MI