Re: Moron Carpets

>From: Robert_A_Brady@domain.elided (Robert A Brady)

>The multi-piece set was loop pile.  The single piece sets were cut pile.

>Two digesters have noted that they have single piece carpet, one is almost
>certainly original.

If you mean me, there's no "almost" about it. It is absolutely, positively
original (unless the dealership stripped the factory carpeting out and
replaced it before I took delivery). Also, mine is loop pile.

>So, please let me know what you know.  It seems as if the switch from
>multi-piece to single piece was done in 1974.  Are all the single piece sets
>cut pile?  This inquiring mind wants to know....

Sorry to muddy the waters further. The box score is that mine is:

	* original carpet
	* single piece
	* loop pile

It might help if we tracked these things by manufacture date. Then we might
get a clue as to when the switch took place. My car was built in Sept '74.

- - Jack

| Jack Hagerty                |    "If this rocket stuff is so important    |
| Robotic Midwives, Ltd.      |    to you, so be it. Just be careful and    |
| Livermore, CA		      |    don't blow yourself up. I suppose there  |
| jack@domain.elided   |    are worse hobbies!"                      |
| (925) 455-1143 (voice/fax)  |            - John Hickam, October Sky       |
|        ARA #97, NAR #55105, LUNAR #002 / TRA #3943, Aero-PAC #168         |