RE:spider door locks (digest V7 #818)

Ian,
I've never done this on an Alfa but on several occasions I have
re-keyed cylinder locks by removing the cylinder with the
"key of choice" inserted and filing down the brass pins
(or tabs, whatever they're called) flush with the cylinder.
Use a bit of compressed air to remove the filings.
The key you have inserted will now open the lock.
(as well as it's original key and possibly others)
Don't remove the key while the cylinder is not in
the lock (BOINGGG!) or you WILL be visiting a locksmith.
This should work with any lock you have available
that will allow your key to be inserted, no need to buy new locks.
Hope this helps,
Dave Partridge
76 Spider
Monticello, Mn