More on carpet

I've owned a '73 and two '74 gtvs.  The '73 had the multi piece carpet set.
The '74 had a one piece set that I'm nearly 100% sure was not original.  The
other '74 had a one piece set, that may have been original.

The multi-piece set was loop pile.  The single piece sets were cut pile.

Nearly all suppliers list carpet "sets" for the gtv.  Some, in Europe, also
list single piece replacements.

Two digesters have noted that they have single piece carpet, one is almost
certainly original.

Although, since I've already purchased the material for the multi-piece set,
the question is essentially moot, for me, I'd still like to know what is
"right."

The esteemed J. Hertzman has noted that the 1750 parts book shows multi-piece
carpet sets.  I've looked through all the information I have, and I can't
find any clear pictures or documentation that describes the carpet for the
'74 gtv.

So, please let me know what you know.  It seems as if the switch from
multi-piece to single piece was done in 1974.  Are all the single piece sets
cut pile?  This inquiring mind wants to know....

bob brady, dvaroc
yardley, pa