suspension

I want to update the suspension on my stock '73 GTV.  The car will be used
on the street, but I also want to use it in autocross/time trials.  I am
trying to reduce the car's tendency to understeer.  I saw the ad from AR
Ricambi about their Sport and Supersport springs/sway bars, the former being
20% stiffer than stock and the latter 40%.  Does anyone have any experience
with these, and if they really improve handling?  Any preference as to which
type/stiffness?  Also, is it necessary to replace BOTH front and rear sway
bars to reduce the plowing, or would replacing just the rear sway bar with
the stiffer one lessen understeer? Thank you for your help.  Mark