Gt 1300 Junior value in U. S.

Hey, alfisti!
My attorney has recommended that I ask for other Alfa lovers and
collectors to help me out with a problem. Is there anybody out there
who is willing to write a 'This is how much I would expect to pay for
such a car' letter? He thinks that it might help in convincing the
State Farm people to pay the repair estimate ($6700) instead of totalling
my car for $3000.
The car that I wrecked is my 1972 Gt 1300 Junior. I have the car's
complete history.
Originally purchased by Mr. L. Ichter, Esq. and delivered to him at the
French Embassy,
58 Knightsbridge , London W. l. The car is Mid Green with Tan
upholstery, and was delivered from Milan with the requested left hand
drive and heated rear window. Purchased from Alfa Romeo (Great Britain)
Ltd., Edgware Road-London- NW2 LX6
I have the sales brochures from Mr. Ichter's visits to the showrooms.
The Sale Invoice. Chassis No. 1279055
The Certificato D'Origine, Service Coupon Book(lube and maintenance),
Instruction Book,
Supplement to the Instruction Book variants from chassis No. 1.260.001 -
LHD.
The stack also includes all of the service records- starting in Great
Britain, then
in France, and here in the U.S. Every lube, lightbulb, window rattle
noise, etc...
At the time of the accident, I was waiting for the 2 front seats to
come back from
being re-upholstered (they are here now, and beautiful). The car had had
some
rust repaired and was rust free, had been touched up. I was saving up
to have the
car re-sprayed, and at the time of the respray, remove the cracked dash
board, and
replace it with the restored dashboard that waits in the closet. The
only part that I
needed to buy for the car was the right front turn signal.
I had added an oil pan guard and IAP's performance springs to the car's
Koni
shocks. And of course, replaced the exhaust system.
My Jr ran beautifully before the accident, starting with just the
turn of the key, and
ran like heaven on it's yokohama tyres, sticking like it was glued to the
road at speed.
Is there anyone out there that believes in the historic value of
our cars, besides
myself? Anyone who believes that 1300 Jrs, being less common over here,
are any more desirable to own than its larger engined brothers? Is
there any way to find out
how many 1972 Gt 1300 Juniors are here in the US? I know that in '72,
it was not
a model imported for sale in the U. S.
Thanks a lot!
Beth Bishop