Re: alfa-digest V7 #813

In a message dated 6/15/99 7:27:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< 91 164L. On hard
 right turns the AC makes a loud hiss, almost as if the fan had been switched
 to a higher setting. I called the mechanic who usually works on the car. He
 claims there's "no connection" between the steering wheel and the AC...well,
 guess what, unless there's a gerbil in there with a sensitivity to right
 turns, there is a connection...any ideas?

I'll bet it has nothing to do with the actual steering but with the motion of
the car when in a turn.  In the daytime, check the AC compressor brackets,
etc. for tightness.  At night, sprinkle gerbil food around the engine bay and
see if it's gone by morning.  This should give you a good idea of the source
of the noise.

Charlie
AROSC, LA, CA, USA