Re: traffic overheat

Again, very similar to the behavior my '78 was demonstrating. A thermostat
can belly up at any time so that's the first thing to check, luckily they
are cheap and easily replaced. But if that doesn't do it, you likely need
a new radiator core. That's what mine needed.

The flow testing done by most radiator shops presumes about 50% overhead
in the cooling system, it seems, but Alfa Romeo generally only has about
20% to start with, it seems (numbers are purely conjectural). So the
testing can come out just fine but you still don't have enough flow to
cool properly.

A new radiator core fixed my problem completely (oh yes, along with a new
water pump which was showing evidence of seal leakage at the same time).

Godfrey