Re: AC and Recirc AD #806

I have noticed this phenomenon. The ACC does not respond correctly IMHO.

Logic suggests that the recirc should activate when the temperature of the
air exhausting from the interior drops below the temperature of the ambient
air. As the ACC does not have a sensor in the exhaust vent (usually
somewhere in the trunk or behind the trim on the C pillars) the computer
must use some sort of timer.

The air in the car cools off much fater than all the interior components,
such as the seats and dashboard. I think the factory programs the ACC to
blow cool air on the driver's face asap without regard to efficient cooling
of the interior. My preferred method is to pop the sunroof into vent and
open all windows, then close windows, then close sunroof, and finally
engage recirc on the ACC.

 This assumes the interior temp is way higher than ambient which is a safe
bet up here. In Texas or SoCal I dunno.
Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta
Canada