Russ Neely
My air conditioners are all in the attic, which is why my wife has started
buying her own Alfas.

In a message dated 6/12/99 5:02:51 AM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<<
 Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 22:21:21 -0400 (EDT)
 From: richard bies <bies@domain.elided>
 Subject: AC

 Suppose the discussion over suspension tuning peters-out -- we need a new
 controversy....

 As the AC evaporator cools the stream of air over it, the conventional
 wisdom is that really cool air will result only if already cooled air is
 recirculated....

 HOWEVER

 These things have a lot of glass, and it is not at all uncommon that the
 air in a parked car will be much hotter than the outside air...

 Thus it seems to me that the most rapid cooling will result if outside air
 is used until the internal temperature goes below the outside ambient.
 (And if it is really hot and sunny, it may never get there, even if
 internal air is vented...)

 r.m.bies >>