re: Plug Wires

In AD v7n804, zzambri wrote:

<<Do plug wires deteriorate with time? ...>>

You bet they do. The pat answer is "try running several hundred volts through
you for an extended period and see what becomes of your future" but the real
answer is the heat and aging will make the casing deteriorate. This allows
leaks and breaks. Nasty performance is then just around the proverbial corner.

Best to replace them periodically. (What does the Maintenance Manual
recommend for an interval?) Fire a note off to AlfaBill, he's got them in
stock for a very reasonable price (although I had to come pick mine up, right
Bill? I returned the favor, however. My sons emptied Mastro's coffee stirrer
container ... oops! :-)

Magnecor 8.5's are a killer red, BTW.

ciao

Tom
'63 Spider (beautiful but underused wires)
Seattle