re tracing oil leak source-luminescenent

I am having difficulty finding the source of a minor oil leak in a 3rd
generation RX-7.  I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had
experience or has recommendations re the use of a luminescent to track the
leak.

One of my concerns has to do with the possibility that this material may be
damaging in some engines.

In any case any information re this would be appreciated.

David