Milano/75 speedo

My Milano's speedo just won't work following my screwing around with it.
Think i might have fried something by inverting the polarity of the power
connections?

*Does anybody have a metric speedo from a 4.1 geared Milano/75 to sell me?*

I need one for that gear ratio and have seen that the gradations on the face
don't line up and the motor rating for US (non-metric) is not what i would
need either - so metric (Canadian or European) is what i think i need.

Any other suggestions? Other than: "who needs a speedo anyway!", the
licensing Nazis need it before i can put my car on the road.

Thanks.

Jean Denis
'89 Milano Verde (fast, but how fast?)