Bonded wind screens

Hi all -
Just to mention, on the subject of bonded windows, that my 76 Alfetta GT has
a bonded windshield (screen).  I believe that the early Alfettas had the
bonded-in rust enhancing devices.  Later ones, and all GTV6s should have the
gasketted affair.  That is what I have been told, at least.

A couple of years ago I had some major rust removed and the damage repaired
in the cowl area.  The bottom 1/3 of the windshield area was rusty, through
and through.  A rather forgettable experience, I might add.

The rear deck lid window (back light) is also bonded in place.  It is
suffering major rust also.  (Daylight visible from both directions)  At least
I have a (gasketted) GTV6 deck lid/hatch to replace it with.  Just waiting
for a couple of mechanical gremlins to be chased down so I can deal with this
issue.  The deck lid is black,and the rest of the car is ivory.  High
contrast, that a new paint job should cure. (that is one of the resaons why I
am waiting)

Jay Negrin
ARO So Cal