Re: Milano windshield wiper tubes and engine temp fluctuations

Peter wrote:

>2. A little more troubling problem #22. In traffic the engine temperature
>migrates between 175 and the first tick mark (200?). The fan works, the
water
>pump was replaced about 10k miles ago, and the car has 72k California
miles.
>Is this temperature fluctuation normal for a Milano? Should I get one of
Tom
>Zat's bigger radiators? Is a simple flush in order? I understand that
rodding
>is not an option.

That sounds pretty normal to me.  I actually have a GTV6, but they're so
similar...  If I remember correctly, the thermostat opens at 175F.  The
fans ("fan" in your case?) don't come on until near 200F, so I think your
car is working just as it should.

Rich Wagner
Montrose, CO
'82 GTV6 Balocco