Milano cooling

Subject:  Milano cooling

Regarding Peter Lundquist's cooling problem in traffic...if my '87 Verde had
only gone up to 200 in traffic, I'd have been ecstatic.  235 and steam from the
overflow tank was my norm.  Eventually, my unpleasant experiences at convention
in Santa Fe were the straws that broke the camel's back.  Altitude and heat
meant the car was frequently embarrassing me by becoming incontinent at
inappropriate times.  I remedied the boiling problems to some extent with 2 cans
of that water wetter stuff.  Seemed like snake oil, but it worked for the most
part.  I recommend it.

Once home, I brought the radiator to a local shop for a look.  He rodded it out
(it needed it) after warning me he may not be able to get the headers to seal.
He couldn't!  Then, using the original as a pattern, he made me a new copper
with brass tanks radiator for about $275.  With the new, inproved radiator and
the snake oil, I've had no problems at all since then.

Mike Cosgrove