Re: [Fwd: Tire Pressures]

Russ,
I would start at the inflation pressures that you used for your Yokes.  It is not true that Kumhos don't like inflation pressures higher than 35 psi.  It all depends on the weight of the
vehicle and driving style.  Some racers run as high as 60 psi in the rear on a FWD car.
The V700 likes negative camber.  I would suggest starting at -2 in the front.
Good luck and thanks for using Kumho tires!
Rudy Consolacion
Motorsports
Kumho Technical Center
Akron, Ohio

"Scott H. Smith" wrote:

> Subject: Tire Pressures
> Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 01:11:37 -0400 (EDT)
> From: alfaneely@domain.elided
> To: qa@domain.elided
>
> Russ Neely sent the following question
>
>      I have a new set of 205-55-14 Kuhmo race tires.  They are mounted on 6 x 14 rims on an SCCA ITB Alfa Romeo spider.  It will weigh 2400 pounds with driver and is rear wheel drive.
>      What tire pressures should I start with?  I have read that Kuhmos do not like pressures greater than 35 pounds.  I have previously run Yokohama 008R's set to 38 front and 36 rear, hot.
>      Any suggestions on camber and alignment?  Since the Alfa is a live axle rear end, the rears will have to be zero camber.
>
> Thanks,
> Russ Neely
> alfaneely@domain.elided

- --part1_e68c9f84.248df63d_boundary--