Milano corner/parking lamps

owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Moving along, does anyone know the type of bulb that is fitted to the two
 front corner lights (I guess these are what are called "parking lights")
 right next to the main headlights?  These were out from the get-go and I
 installed what looked like the correct replacement, but evidently this was a
 mistake as both new bulbs blew after about a days' use.  Interestingly, the
 small bulb which lights up the automatic transmission indicator also decided
 to go.  All other lights, fortunately, are functional.  Thanks.

If you keep blowing the lamps you should check to make sure the proper fuse
is in the circuit and that there is no other problem feeding them the juice.

At our recent AROSC swap meet I just picked up a brand new corner lamp to
replace the one with a cracked lens on my BW's car.  It came from the factory
with a new bulb already screwed in (a 14 cent value!)... so, I will trade you
one of these bulbs for the method of reaching the screws that hold the
fixture in place.  The one I'm after is on the driver's side.  To me, it
appears I have to get to the back of the lamp inside the fender somehow, and
that it would be easiest on a lift.  How did you get in there to change the
bulb?

Charlie

El Lay