Re: Good days and bad

Jonathan
Thanks for the information.  I have checked and cleaned all the plugs and
sockets.  They did not seem corroded.  So I have ordered a new coolent
sensor.  I did not open the air temperature box, is this worth looking at.
It is a sealed unit, how would I reseal it.  Fuel consumption has never been
as good as I hoped.  The last time I measured it I got 28mpg on a motorway
journey of about 200 miles, and did not really go above 70mph (honest) or
3000rpm.

Regards
Steve

<< This is almost certainly due to a feul mixture problem as the ignition
 circuit would cause a noticable misfire if it were giving you a problem.
 Two sensors spring immediately to mind when you mention the effect of
 temperature. These are the air temperature sensor located inside the air
 flow meter and the coolant temperature sensor located ( I think) on the
 back of the engine at the left hand side looking from the drivers seat,
 right hand side looking at the engine. I dont have any specific trouble
 shooting information to hand which would tell me (us) what happens if
 any one sensor fails. I know from experience that the coolant
 temperature sensor can have dirty contacts which causes rough idling
 when cold. Check the connections at these two sensors, they might need a
 clean.
 The coolant temperature sensor should have the same type of connector as
 the injectors as a clue to finding it.
 How is the fuel consumption?
 --
 jonathan coates