Track Tires: rad vs bias

As previously reported : My track experience (race and hot laps) have been
limited to street tires on my Duetto - Yoko AVS inter.  They are
wonderful!! and seem to wear very well.

I have now purchased a set of Hoosier Street tires, so called.  These are
in fact bias ply race tires (14x60x205).  I have not yet used them;
however, they come highly recommended by racers - the tire of choice
generally in VH at least.  I am running in Vintage/Historic.

As many of us have learned directly, radial tires "just let go" when one
has reach their limit.  I am told that the bias ply tires will give warning
before letting loose.  It has been a while since I have driven bias ply.

I would be extremeley interested in the experiential commentary of listers
re the bias ply tire in general and specifically as a track tire.  As you
know, some sanctioning bodies will not tolerate radials in VH.  But that
aside, might bias ply be a wise choice for hot lapping in general?

Thanks in advance.  This is a most interesting subject.

David