Re: alfa-digest V7 #775

In a message dated 6/1/99 10:59:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< My seat belt clips(the thingies that prevent your seat belt clip falling
down) were
 broken by my husband (Scott Johnson). I have recently "fixed" my problem
with a few
 bobbie pins for the moment, BUT, I would like to know if I could purchase a
set  >>

Ellen, it may not be ALL Scott's fault -- these things, sometimes called
"keepers" are just a sliver of flimsy plastic and over time become brittle
and break.  But, you can (with some diligent searching) find universal
keepers at auto-parts stores for a pittance.  In my experience, the place on
the rack reserved for these is usually sold out, but if you keep looking,
somewhere a store will have them in stock and make a few cents on you.  BTW,
the broken keepers are what caused the tongue-end of the seat belt to gnaw
into the arm bolster on the door of my BW's 75.  Luckily, she did not blame
it all on me.

Charlie

LA, CA, USA
84 GTV-6 (his)