Milano sunroof

This is for all those people that are havine problems with either the wind
deflector or the metal roof section not parking and the right height. Put
your roof in the tilted up position and while looking in from the outside
you can see the two clips that hold the flap part of the headliner up. Got
to love these technical words, eh. Once the flap is unhooked from the metal
roof section and dropped down you can slide the movable headliner section
back out of the way with hand pressure. Now you should be able to see the
four tabs with a cap screw in each. These have floating nutplates that
allow you to set the parked height of the metal section of roof. You can
raise and lower the tilt at this stage but I wouldn't go back to far. If
you are having troubles with the wind deflector then take those four screws
right out and unhook the two fabric straps. Remove the roof. DO NOT try and
bend the tabs down that push on the wind deflector arms, they WILL break
off. AMHIK. Lots of colorful expleatives too. I just popped the two arms
off and left the metal flap in there for now until I get a new movable
support (anybody have a right side one?). My own observations say that the
wind deflector does nothing, zilch. Used my finger to move it up and down
while going a fair clip and there was no difference. For purists you will
need to find a way to make the plastic runner on the metal tab thicker.
Reinstall and set your desired height with the four floating screws and put
your headliner back. If you have any complaint you can come up here and
show me what you mean on my car.:-)

Carson Damm
Ft. McMurray, Alberta
Canada