Oil pan gaskets....

Hi All,

While doing my last oil change on my '89 Spider, I noticed that
part of my continuing oil leak problem was due the lower oil
pan gasket. I've just received them from IAP along with a
Tonneau cover (really nice, NOT in their catalog...)

Anyway, my question is pretty simple. I got both the lower
and upper gaskets, while the lower gasket is pretty straight
forward to replace. How about the upper one? Can it be replaced
while the engine is in the car? If anyone has any experience or
know any tricks, gotchas... I would gratefully appreciate any help.

Regards,
John Davis
Satellite Beach, Florida

BTW, IAP have really nice Tonneau cover for a Spider that is no
longer advertised in their catalog ( but I guess is still available
Part# 437511). I saw it demonstrated at one our Alfa outings a
couple of Sundays ago. These are pretty handy in this hot
Florida sun to keep your car cool and protect the interior.