74 GT Veloce progress

Sorry if this is a waste of bandwidth but just gotta share:
My buddy(Clayton), daughter(16) and son(10) set out on the first stage of
"operation rescue" of a metallic-rose(!) Gt Veloce sitting behind a shed in
a nearby small town. After a fresh paint-job and not driven(!), it sat in
their garage for several years since '86, then was moved outside to make
room for a '64 Chev...:-(
 We had to dig holes to slip the hyd. jack under the car, since it was
embedded up to the rims in dirt! Ran out of time soon after we lifted the
front end and filled in under the tires. Left front tire was ripped, so we
put on a spare. That brake was seized, so bled the fronts and
tapped/wrestled until it spun freely. Other brakes are probably stuck, too.
Next trip we hope to free up the other wheels and brakes, so the car can be
rolled into position for a winch-up onto a flat-bed, otherwise it will take
out the side of the shed as the front swings around. Gotta watch out for the
raccoon(?)pooh on a pail nearby ... yeah, I know, move the pail...
Hope some of you can identify with my excitement, I just love the early stages
of this kind of stuff! (projects, not pooh...)
Peter, London, Ontario
'74 & '75 GT Veloces, '72 911 & '72 MGBGT (sold this week, I hope)

End of alfa-digest V7 #771