try again, clutch bleeding

Ralph, thanks for the speculation on why my clutch hydraulics won't bleed:

"A couple of us here in Houston were speculating (beats working on the
car!!) that the Milano clutch slave is difficult to bleed because it's
source of fluid is the brake reservoir (connected by push on flex
hose).  Our musings lead to the hypotheses that, a) the flex hose could
leak air into system, and/or b) when you raise the car at rear, as the
fluid in reservoir gets low the flex hose inlet sucks air."

I'm looking for something obvious, but not THAT obvious! I overfilled the
reservoir and the car's ars was not that high in the air , the flex hose is
new and fits superbly.

What I've tried so far:

1) The usual pumping the pedal many times to build pressure before opening
the screw;
2) Gravity bleeding - fluid just runs through without ever filling the
master;
3) Back filling - pushing the pedal to the floor, attaching a long hose
(filled with brake fluid) to the slave and using air pressure to force fluid
back up - the pedal pops up but still goes to the floor with no resistance
after closing the slave bleed screw.

I've also read a few comments from other car groups (notably B*W) where one
guy said that he has no clutch but then "I pump the pedal a bunch of times,
go away a few minutes, pump a few more times and then have a clutch" go
figure!

There must be some arcane technical explanation for this situation, but in
the meantime,
"May the Force be with us"