Re : At Last, Found Another!

In #767, Scott Fisher Writes :

>What a car!
>
>The third Spider was a genuinely immaculate '74, in dark dark dark green
>- -- dark enough to shame the last British Racing Green M.G. I owned.  (In
>fact, my oldest daughter thought it was black when I brought it home
>late in the day.)  Somehow, the '74's interior -- little chrome strips
>in the door panels, that big aluminum grab-handle on the passenger's
>door, and mainly those huge black crinkle-finish instrument binnacles in
>front of a *gorgeous* wood-rimmed wheel -- just tugged at all my
>heartstrings.  The new fabric top didn't hurt, though I imagine I'll
>leave it down most of the time here in California, at least till fall.
>And the added brightwork of the '74's triangle grille and small
>stainless bumpers, offset against the dark green paintwork, would have
>clinched the deal even *without* the Carello headlamp covers.  This, I
>thought as I looked at it and felt my soul being pulled into the
>crystalline structure of its metal, is a car worth getting into trouble
>over.

Scott, you hit the nail on the head. Last May, after over a year of
searching for a spider, I came across a similar 74 Spider, only in AR514
red. There was no doubt in my mind that I had to have the car.Every other
car I'd seen had left some doubts and uncertainties in my mind, but that 74
blew me away, and still does. The only serious problem I've got with my car
is that on the way to work in the morning with the top down, I'm tempted to
just stay on the highway and drive all day long.......

Enjoy your new acquisition, and AUGURI as we say in Italian.

Frank Forlini
74 Spider