Re: 2Ltr Compression

>What range of compression should I expect on a 2.0 Ltr Engine in a 87
>Spider?
>
>Here is what was found during a pre-buy check-out

The stock '82 engine in FrankenSpider tested at 165/150/135/155 when we
first got it running: too uneven. That's why I decided have the head
pulled, check the valves and seats, and do a set of pistons and liners. I
haven't tested compression since fitting the new 10.4:1 pistons.

Are you sure that full throttle was used when you made the compression
readings? From the evenness of your readings, it seems like the engine is
worn extremely evenly if those are accurate readings. How many miles does
it have on it?

I'd suggest rechecking the compression once more to be sure you're really
getting those low readings.

Godfrey