SPICA Pump Gap

I hope that you had the long control rod disconnected and proper dummy
actuator (27mm for the '74 model year) in place when you set the pump
gap. If you messed with either solenoid before setting the pump gap
properly, you may have actually compounded your mixture problem.

The symptoms that you describe (good cold starting and running but poor
performance at operating temperature) suggests to me that the logic
section of the pump is not leaning out the mixure as the engine warms up.

You don't say how you checked the TA but it really needs to be out of the
car to do it properly.

Tom Muccino
Amherst, NH
603.672.0763