dash, chip, used parts

A few days I go I posted some info regarding aftermarket Chips, and
puzzled half-heartedly about removing the check enging bulb and going
with the (muc) cheaper Ricambi chip.  Well, I had occasion to remove
the dash pod because some nimnut had the odometer reset and check
light switches reversed.  I popped the bulb out while I was at it just
to see- its a very simple operation, about half hour with a phillips
screwdriver.  After much consideration, I replaced it and decided to
go with the more expensive chip from Superchips.  I just feel better
about the fact that they require the actual number off of the computer
for specific tuning, and that they quote specific torque/HP numbers
rather than somewhat more vague  percentages.  YMMV.

I have a question for anyone- my 164 smokes ALOT at WOT (wide open
throttle) over 4K rpm or so.  Appears to be black, meaning an
over-rich condition.  Anyone have similar experiences?

As another aside, I am looking for price/availibility for used 164 S
rear spoiler, and for for a grab bar for over the driver's door.  Any
help appreciated.

Thanks very much.

End of alfa-digest V7 #767